All we have to say is…YUM!
- 1 1/2 cups black beans (1 15-oz can, drained and rinsed very well)
- 3 tbsp dutch or regular cocoa powder
- 7 tbsp chocolate protein powder
- pinch salt
- 1/3 cup agave or honey
- 3 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup to 2/3 cup chocolate or carob chips (Not optional; omit at your own risk.)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor. Blend until completely smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour into a greased 8×8 square pan. Optional: sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top.
- Bake 16 minutes. They will still look underdone when you take them from the oven, but this is okay! Let cool, then pat down with a pancake spatula. Refrigerate overnight.
- The bars will have firmed up and are now ready to cut and eat. Store leftovers in the refrigerator or freezer. Makes about 10 bars.